Tuesday 24 April 2012

Antique Market Season is upon us, rejoice!

Wow, where does the time go?  This Sunday, April 29th is the opening weekend of one of my absolute favourite places in the world.  Aberfoyle Antique Market is located just off Highway 6 heading towards Guelph and is definitely worth the trip.  If the thought of hunting for unique treasures and fab finds gets your adrenaline pumping then I have good news for you...the wait is over!

My parents booth last year at the market.  So many goodies just waiting to be had.

 The Aberfoyle market is open every Sunday now until October 28th and there are also 2 special Saturday shows throughout the season.  Check out their website for more information.

These old laundry tubs were picked up last year by a couple who wanted to use them when entertaining friends.  The tubs would be the 'drinks station' and hold ice, beer, wine and champagne.  Sounds like a fun place to be,  I wish I was invited!

A definite conversation piece and functional too. Bonus!
Fenton Milk glass (with or without hobnails) are still popular and make great little accent items for a vignette.
I love digging through s a hodge podge of items such as these to see what I can find

Empire, French Provincial and Victorian furniture are always prevalent as many people still like the beauty and quality of this curved, classic furniture.  However, I am curious to see how today's modern trends will affect the styles of furnishings we will see at the market this year.

Country living inspired furniture is always a hit at Aberfoyle too

If you missed my post last year about 'What to know before Venturing out to your local Antique Market' , click here and you may find some helpful hints to make your experience more enjoyable. 

I have already had a sneak peak of some of the items my parents are taking up and I can't wait to see more from other vendors.  Let the season of searching for unusual and one of a kind items in home decor begin!!  (Can ya tell I'm excited?!!) 

Call me if you are looking for something specific or have something to sell.  My new cell number is 905-599-2588.






2 comments:

  1. Let the treasure hunt begin! We're excited for antiquing too!

    -Paint it like new!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this place, Tracy & I try to get there at least once a year during our summer vacation :)

    ReplyDelete